Cookies on our services
When you use our services, you may receive cookies or other similar technologies, such as pixel tags from us and the third parties, to collect information on our Services. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier that are sometimes embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions (how many times an ad is viewed) or clicks, to measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access information from user cookies. Cookies can be set by either us on the site that you visit (“first-party cookies”) or a third party involved in providing content, functionality, or services such as analytics or advertising for the site that you visit (“third-party cookies”).
There are four types of cookies used on our services:
- Essential cookies
– These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. Without these cookies, services such as shopping activity and paying activity cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
- Preference cookies
– These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made (such as a saved country / language preference) or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies
– These cookies collect information about how you use our Services such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
- Content / advertising cookies
– These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you’ve visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Services. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services (as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services”) in order to provide advertising (on our Services and elsewhere) based on users’ online activities (so-called “interest-based advertising”) on our Services and elsewhere online. The third parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.